anti ABCG1 Antibody
anti ABCG1 Antibody is available 2 times from Biovision labs
6705-100 | anti-ABCG1 Antibody (Center)size: ABCG1 Antibody (Center) | 359.96 USD
6704-100 | anti-ABCG1 Antibody (NT)size: ABCG1 Antibody (NT) | 359.96 USD
- Target of this antibody:ABCG1
- Alternative names of antibody target:ABCG1; ABC8; WHT1; ATP-binding cassette sub-family G member 1; ATP-binding cassette transporter 8; White protein homolog
- Background information:ABCG1 (ATP-binding cassette sub-family G member 1), a transporter protein primarily involved in macrophage lipid homeostasis, localizes to intracellular compartments associated with ER /Golgi membranes, and its expression is highest in macrophage-rich tissue such as spleen, lung, and thymus as well as in brain. ABCG1 form heterodimers with heterologous ABCG partners and functional heterodimerization with ABCG4 has been of great interest because brain cells, mainly neurons and astrocytes, depict high expression of both transporters. ABCG1 is involved in the export of a variety of lipids (in conjunction with ABCA1) including cholesterol and phospholipids from macrophages to HDL. Macrophage lipid export is the first step in the reverse cholesterol transport pathway that exports cholesterol from peripheral cells to circulating lipoproteins for eventual excretion via liver. Cholesterol export to lipoprotein acceptors is compromised in macrophage foam cells, one of the early hallmarks of atherosclerosis. Moreover, ABCG1 plays role in T cells/inflammation, brain lipid homeostasis and its expression increases in macrophages of Tangier disease patients.
- Antibody host:Rabbit
- Clonality of antibody:Polyclonal
- Isotype:Rabbit IgG
- Concentration of antibody:N/A
- Form of antibody:Liquid
- Formulation of this antibody:100 µl of antibody in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide
- Purification method:This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Storage information:Shelf time: 12 months in temp.: -20 deg.C
- Shipping conditions:gel pack
- How to handle this antibody:The antibody solution should be gently mixed before use.
- DescriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Biovision they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- TechniqueAntibody, anti
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
- Alternative to gene targetATP-binding cassette, sub-family G (WHITE), member 1, ABC8 and WHITE1, ABCG1 and IDBG-4231 and ENSG00000160179 and 9619, protein dimerization activity, Cell surfaces, Abcg1 and IDBG-163644 and ENSMUSG00000024030 and 11307, BT.29337 and IDBG-639382 and ENSBTAG00000021272 and 510745