Caspase12 Antibody is available 1 time from Boster labs
- Target antigenCaspase12
- ClonalityPolyclonal antibody
- ClonePolyclonal antibody
- Raised inrabbit
- Type of the antibodyIgG polyclonal antibody
- Product formfreeze-dried
- Reacts with species:Human. No cross reactivity with other proteins.
- ImmunogenA synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminus of human Caspase-12(71-84aa KIFREHLWNSKKQL).
- Product configurationEach vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3.
- PurificationImmunogen affinity purified.
- SolubilizationThe powdered antibody should be dissolved in 0.2 ml of distilled water to achieve final concentration of 500ug/ml
- Storage condtionsKeep the Caspase12 Antibodyat minus twenty degrees Celsius for 1 year. The ready-to-use solutions can be stored at four degrees Celsius for a month. Our specialsits recommend to freeze the aliquotes at minus twenty degrees Celsius for long-term application. Multiple procedures of freezing and thawing influence the specifity and reactivity of the antibody in a negative way.
- TipsThe Caspase12 Antibody did not cross-reacted with other proteins during the test procedures. This antobdy is intended to be used for research analyses and it is not applicale for in vitro diagnostics.
- BackgroundCaspase 12 is an enzyme known as a cysteine protease. It belongs to a family of enzymes called caspases that cleave their substrates at C-terminal aspartic acid residues. The CASP12 gene was mapped to chromosome 11q22.3. Csp12L attenuates the inflammatory and innate immune response to endotoxins and in doing so may constitute a risk factor for developing sepsis. The estrogen-mediated inhibition of CSP12L expression is a built-in mechanism that has evolved to protect females from infection by favoring a more robust inflammatory response to pathogens, perhaps notably in childbirth.
- Related articles1. Fischer, H., Koenig, U., Eckhart, L., Tschachler, E. Human caspase 12 has acquired deleterious mutations. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 293: 722-726, 2002. 2. Saleh, M., Mathison, J. C., Wolinski, M. K., Bensinger, S. J., Fitzgerald, P., Droin, N., Ulevitch, R. J., Green D. R., Nicholson, D. W. Enhanced bacterial clearance and sepsis resistance in caspase-12-deficient mice. Nature 440: 1064-1068, 2006. 3. Yeretssian, G., Doiron, K., Shao, W., Leavitt, B. R., Hayden, M. R., Nicholson, D. W., Saleh, M. Gender differences in expression of the human caspase-12 long variant determines susceptibility to Listeria monocytogenes infection. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 106: 9016-9020, 2009.
- Gene NameCASP12
- Protein NameInactive caspase-12
- Gene Full Namecaspase 12(gene/pseudogene)
- SynonymsApoptosis related cysteine protease antibody|CASP 12 antibody|CASP-12 antibody|casp12 antibody|CASP12P1 antibody|caspase 12(gene/pseudogene) antibody|caspase 12 pseudogene 1 antibody|Caspase 12 psuedogene 1 antibody|Caspase12 antibody|CASPC_HUMAN antibody|Inactive caspase-12 antibody|OTTHUMP00000207032 antibody|UNQ9415 antibody
- Uniprot IDQ6UXS9
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by boster they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameCaspase12 Antibody
- Alternative nameCaspase12 (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
PA2103 | Caspase12 Antibodysize: 0,1 mg | 393.89 USD
Supplier:Cellular biology labs