anti-BACE Antibody (CT)
anti-BACE Antibody (CT) is available 1 time from Biovision labs
5051-100 | anti-BACE Antibody (CT)size: BACE Antibody (CT) | 459.06 USD
- Target of this antibody:BACE
- Alternative names of antibody target:BACE (CT). Asp2
- Background information:Accumulation of the amyloid-beta (Abeta) plaque in the cerebral cortex is a critical event in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease. Abeta peptide is generated by proteolytic cleavage of the beta-amyloid protein precursor (APP) at beta- and gamma-sites by two proteases. APP is first cleaved by beta-secretase, producing a soluble derivative of the protein and a membrane anchored 99-amino acid carboxy-terminal fragment (C99). The C99 fragment serves as substrate for gamma-secretase to generate the 4 kDa amyloid-beta peptide, which is deposited in the brains of all suffers of Alzheimer's disease. The long-soμght beta-secretase was recently identified by several groups independently and designated beta-site APP cleaving enzyme (BACE) and aspartyl protease 2 (Asp2). BACE/Asp2 is a novel transmembrane aspartic protease and colocalizes with APP.
- Antibody host:Rabbit
- Clonality of antibody:Polyclonal
- Isotype:Rabbit IgG1
- This antibody reacts with:Human, mouse
- Immunogene sequence:A peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids at the CT of human BACE.
- Concentration of antibody:1 mg/ml
- Form of antibody:Liquid
- Formulation of this antibody:100 µg (1 mg/ml) in 1X PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Purification method:Ion exchange chromatography.
- This antibody has been succesfully tested for use in following methods:Western blot, Immunohistochemistry, ELISA
- Recommended usage:Immunocytochemistry: 10 μg/ml, Western Blot: 0.5 – 1 μg/ml; ELISA. However, the optimal conditions should be determined individually.
- Storage information:Shelf time: 12 months in temp.: -20 deg.C
- Shipping conditions:gel pack
- How to handle this antibody:The antibody solution should be gently mixed before use.
- DescriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Biovision they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameanti-BACE Antibody (CT)
- TechniqueAntibody, anti
- Alternative nameantibody to-BACE (Antibody to) (CT)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies