AMPK alpha 2 Antibody
AMPK alpha 2 Antibody is available 1 time from Bioss primary unconjugated antibodies labs
bs-2771R | AMPK alpha 2 Antibodysize: 0.1ml | 304.76 USD
- Catalog numberbs-2771R
- Price304.76 USD
1. Gene info
- Long gene nameprotein kinase AMP-activated catalytic subunit alpha 2
- Synonyms gene
- Synonyms gene name
- protein kinase, AMP-activated, alpha 2 catalytic subunit
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year1995-12-12
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- PubMedResults suggest that the mechanism by which PTP1B regulates adiposity and leptin sensitivity likely involves the coordinated regulation of AMPK in hypothalamus and peripheral tissues.AMPK is a major regulator of skeletal muscle HSL activity that can override beta-adrenergic stimulationThese data suggest that prolonged hypoxia promotes the expression and functional activation of AMPKalpha2 and VEGF production in glioma cell lines and glioblastoma multiform tumors, thus contributing to tumor survival and angiogenesis in gliomas.AMPK alpha2 activity, AMPK alpha2 Thr172 phosphorylation, and ACC-beta Ser222 phosphorylation were increased immediately after exercise. These increases had all returned to basal levels at 3 and 24 h after exercise.AMPKalpha2-by affecting Fyn phosphorylation and activity-plays a key role in platelet alphaIIbbeta3 integrin signaling, leading to clot retraction and thrombus stabilityThese data define the master metabolic regulator AMPK as a novel stress granule constituent that also controls their biogenesis.
- Gene ontology - Biological process
- Gene ontology - Cellular component
- Gene ontology - Molecular function
- Entrez Gene
- Long nameAMPK alpha 2 Primary Polyclonal Antibody
- Also known asAMPK alpha 2 PAb
- CategoryPrimary Antibodies
- Target AntigenAMPK alpha 2
- SpecificityThis is a highly specific antibody against AMPK alpha 2.
- Modification site(s)Unmodified antibody
- ClonalityPolyclonal antibody
- Clone numberPolyclonal antibody
- Concentration1ug per 1ul
- Immunogen range375-425/552
- Subcellular locationCytoplasm, Nucleus
- SourceThis antibody was obtained by immunization of the host with KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human AMPK alpha 2
- Gene ID number5563
- Swiss ProtP54646
- Tested ApplicationsWB, IHC-P, IF(IHC-P)
- Recommended dilutionsWB(1:100-1000), IHC-P(1:100-500), IF(IHC-P)(1:50-200)
- Cross reactivityHuman, Mouse, Rat
- Cross reactive species detailsDue to limited amount of testing and knowledge, not every possible cross-reactivity is known.
- Background of the target antigenCatalytic subunit of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), an energy sensor protein kinase that plays a key role in regulating cellular energy metabolism. In response to reduction of intracellular ATP levels, AMPK activates energy-producing pathways and inhibits energy-consuming processes: inhibits protein, carbohydrate and lipid biosynthesis, as well as cell growth and proliferation. AMPK acts via direct phosphorylation of metabolic enzymes, and by longer-term effects via phosphorylation of transcription regulators. Also acts as a regulator of cellular polarity by remodeling the actin cytoskeleton; probably by indirectly activating myosin. Regulates lipid synthesis by phosphorylating and inactivating lipid metabolic enzymes such as ACACA, ACACB, GYS1, HMGCR and LIPE; regulates fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis by phosphorylating acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACACA and ACACB) and hormone-sensitive lipase (LIPE) enzymes, respectively. Regulates insulin-signaling and glycolysis by phosphorylating IRS1, PFKFB2 and PFKFB3. AMPK stimulates glucose uptake in muscle by increasing the translocation of the glucose transporter SLC2A4/GLUT4 to the plasma membrane, possibly by mediating phosphorylation of TBC1D4/AS160. Regulates transcription and chromatin structure by phosphorylating transcription regulators involved in energy metabolism such as CRTC2/TORC2, FOXO3, histone H2B, HDAC5, MEF2C, MLXIPL/ChREBP, EP300, HNF4A, p53/TP53, SREBF1, SREBF2 and PPARGC1A. Acts as a key regulator of glucose homeostasis in liver by phosphorylating CRTC2/TORC2, leading to CRTC2/TORC2 sequestration in the cytoplasm. In response to stress, phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of histone H2B (H2BS36ph), leading to promote transcription. Acts as a key regulator of cell growth and proliferation by phosphorylating TSC2, RPTOR and ATG1/ULK1: in response to nutrient limitation, negatively regulates the mTORC1 complex by phosphorylating RPTOR component of the mTORC1 complex and by phosphorylating and activating TSC2.
- Purification methodThis antibody was purified via Protein A.
- Storage conditionsKeep the antibody in aqueous buffered solution containing 1% BSA, 50% glycerol and 0.09% sodium azide. Store at -20°C for up to 1 year.
- Synonym namesAMPK; AMPK2; PRKAA; AMPKa2; 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha-2; AMPK subunit alpha-2; Acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase; ACACA kinase; Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase kinase; HMGCR kinase; PRKAA2
- DescriptionThe AMPK alpha 2 Antibody is a α- or alpha protein sometimes glycoprotein present in blood.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Bioss Primary Unconjugated Antibodies they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameAMPK alpha 2 Antibody
- Alternative nameAMPK a 2 (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies