Super Growth Medium
Super Growth Medium is available 1 time from Himedia labs
- DescriptionSuper Growth Medium is a highly rich medium used to obtain high yields of lambda bacteriophage in liquid lysates. To prepre the media d issolve the powder in d istilled water, heat to boiling if it is necessary, then d ispense as desired and sterilize by autoclaving at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- ApplicationMolecular Biology Growth Media for Escherichia coli
- Quantity required by litre60 g
- Appearance of powderCream to yellow coloured, homogeneous, free flowing powder.
- Colour and ClarityLight yellow coloured, clear solution without any precipitate.
- Cultural ResponseCultural characteristics observed after an incubation at 35-37°C for 18 - 48 hours.
- Organisms (ATCC) GrowthEscherichia coli: good-luxuriant
- Composition (g/l)Tryptone 35.00 Yeast extract 20.00 Sodium chloride 5.00 Final pH (at 25°C) 7.5 ± 0.2
- StorageStore below 30°C and the prepared medium at 2 - 8°C.
- Additional descriptionThere are two major types of growth media those used for cell culture , which use specific cell types derived from plants or animals, and microbiological culture, which are used for growing microorganisms, such as bacteria or yeast. The most common growth media for microorganisms are nutrient broths and agar plates with antibiotics; specialized media are sometimes required for microorganism and cell culture growth.
- Gene target
- Short nameSuper Growth Medium
- Alternative nameSuper Growth Medium
- Alternative techniquecellculture
G001-4X500G | Super Growth Mediumsize: 4X500 g | 215.41 USD