SPTLC2 Antibody is available 1 time from Bioss primary unconjugated antibodies labs
- Long nameSPTLC2 Primary Polyclonal Antibody
- Also known asSPTLC2 PAb
- CategoryPrimary Antibodies
- Target AntigenSPTLC2
- SpecificityThis is a highly specific antibody against SPTLC2.
- Modification site(s)Unmodified antibody
- ClonalityPolyclonal antibody
- Clone numberPolyclonal antibody
- Concentration1ug per 1ul
- SourceThis antibody was obtained by immunization of the host with KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human SPTLC2
- Gene ID number9517
- Tested ApplicationsWB, IHC-P, IF(IHC-P)
- Recommended dilutionsWB(1:100-1000), IHC-P(1:100-500), IF(IHC-P)(1:50-200)
- Cross reactivityHuman, Mouse, Rat
- Cross reactive species detailsDue to limited amount of testing and knowledge, not every possible cross-reactivity is known.
- Background of the target antigenThis gene encodes a long chain base subunit of serine palmitoyltransferase. Serine palmitoyltransferase, which consists of two different subunits, is the key enzyme in sphingolipid biosynthesis. It catalyzes the pyridoxal-5-prime-phosphate-dependent condensation of L-serine and palmitoyl-CoA to 3-oxosphinganine. Mutations in this gene were identified in patients with hereditary sensory neuropathy type I. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2011].
- Purification methodThis antibody was purified via Protein A.
- Storage conditionsKeep the antibody in aqueous buffered solution containing 1% BSA, 50% glycerol and 0.09% sodium azide. Store at -20°C for up to 1 year.
- Synonym namesSerine Palmitoyltransferase; SPTLC-2; LCB 2; LCB2; LCB2a; Long chain base biosynthesis protein 2; Long chain base biosynthesis protein 2a; Serine palmitoyl CoA transferase 2; Serine palmitoyltransferase 2; Serine palmitoyltransferase long chain base subunit 2; Serine palmitoyltransferase subunit II; Serine-palmitoyl-CoA transferase 2; SPT 2; SPT2; SPTC2_HUMAN; SPTLC 2; Sptlc2.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Bioss Primary Unconjugated Antibodies they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameSPTLC2 Antibody
- Alternative nameSPTLC2 (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
bs-9027R | SPTLC2 Antibodysize: 0.1ml | 307.05 USD
- Catalog numberbs-9027R
- Price307.05 USD
1. Gene info
- Long gene nameserine palmitoyltransferase long chain base subunit 2
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year2000-08-01
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- Locus Specific Databases
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- PubMedResults suggest that functional serine palmitoyltransferase is not a dimer, but a higher organized complex, composed of three distinct subunits (SPTLC1, SPTLC2 and SPTLC3) with a molecular mass of 480 kDa.an increase in transepidermal water loss is an obligatory trigger for the upregulation of serine palmitoyltransferase mRNA expression in human epidermisdiscovery of 2 proteins, ssSPTa and ssSPTb, which each interacts with both hLCB1 and hLCB2, suggesting that there are 4 distinct human SPT isozymes.Mutations in the SPTLC2 subunit of serine palmitoyltransferase cause hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type I.Mutations in SPTLC2 are associated with increased deoxySL formation causing hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 1 (HSANI) in a familial study.The activities of the hLCB2a mutants were measured in the presence of ssSPTa and ssSPTb and was found that all decrease enzyme activity.
- Gene ontology - Biological process
- Gene ontology - Cellular component
- Gene ontology - Molecular function
- Entrez Gene
Recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae ATP dependent rRNA helicase partial ATP dependent rRNA helicase partial
Recombinant Desulfovibrio salexigens Phosphopantetheine adenylyltransferase coaD Phosphopantetheine adenylyltransferase coaD