Rabbit anti Mouse alpha-2 macroglobulin
Rabbit anti Mouse alpha-2 macroglobulin is available 1 time from Nordc labs
- CategoryPrimary Antibodies
- Antibody is raised inRabbit
- Antibody's reacts withMouse
- Antibody's suited forImmunoprecipitation. In immunoelectrophoresis use 2 μl serum or equivalent against 120 μl antiserum. In double radial immunodiffusion use a rosette arrangement with 10 μl antiserum in 3 mm diameter centre well and 2 μl serum samples (neat and serially diluted) in 2 mm diameter peripheral wells. Precipitin titre 1:32 when tested against pooled normal mouse sera of different strains in agar-block immunodiffusion titration.
- Protein numbersee ncbi
- Antigen-antibody binding interactionRabbit anti Mouse alpha-2 macroglobulin Antibody
- Antibody come fromAlpha-2 macroglobulin ids the major protein in the alpha-2 region of mouse serum after separation by electrophoresis. It is a large polymer and a strong antigen. It forms about one-third in the total of the alpha-2 globulins. The protein is isolated by ammonium sulphate precipitation, ion exchange chromatography, gel filtration and preparative starch block electrophoresis. In the purification of alpha-2 macroglobulin the activation of kallikrein is avoided, since it forms an irreversible bond with aplpha-2 macroglobulin, thus contaminating the final immunogen. Freund’s complete adjuvant is used in the first step of the immunization procedure.
- Other descriptionDelipidated, heat inactivated, lyophilized, stable whole antiserum No preservative added Total protein and IgG concentrations in the antiserum are comparable to those of pooled normal rabbit serum. No foreign proteins added.
- Long descriptionThe reactivity of the antiserum is restricted to alpha-2 macroglobulin as tested in immunoelectrophoresis and radial immunodiffusion. A characteristic single precipitin line is obtained with normal serum which shows a reaction of identity with the precipitin line with purified alpha-2 macroglobulin. In precipitating techniques as immunoelectrophoresis and radial immunodiffusion to identify the presence alpha-2 macroglobulin in mouse serum or other body fluids and to determine its concentration. This antiserum is not intended for use in non-precipitating antibody-binding or other highly sensitive assays, but this does not exclude such use if proper controls are included.
- Antibody's reacts with these speciesInter-species cross reactivity is a normal feature of antibodies to Serum proteins, since homologous proteins of different species frequently share antigenic determinants. Cross-reactivity of this antiSerum has been tested in double radial immunodiffusion (Ouchterlony) with the following results: Bovine ± ferret ± Horse ± Rat ++ Cat ± Goat - Human -Sheep - Chicken - Guinea Pig ± Monkey - Swine ± Dog - Hamster + pigeon - Turkey -
- Research interestVeterinary
- StorageThe lyophilized antiserum is shipped at ambient temperature and may be stored at +4°C; prolonged storage at or below -20°C. Reconstitute the lyophilized antiserum by adding 1 ml sterile distilled water. Dilutions may be prepared by adding phosphate buffered saline (PBS, pH 7.2). Repeated thawing and freezing should be avoided. If a slight precipitation occurs upon storage, this should be removed by centrifugation. It will not affect the performance of the antiserum. Diluted antiserum should be stored at +4°C, not refrozen, and preferably used the same day. Lyophilized at +4°C--at least 10 years. Reconstituted at or below -20°C--3-5 years. Reconstituted at +4°C--7 days
- Relevant referencesno information yet
- WarningsThis product is intended FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY, and FOR TESTS IN VITRO, not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures involving humans or animals. This product contains sodium azide. To prevent formation of toxic vapors, do not mix with strong acidic solutions. To prevent formation of potentially explosive metallic azides in metal plumbing, always wash into drain with copious quantities of water. This datasheet is as accurate as reasonably achievable, but Nordic-MUbio accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this information.
- Antibody's specificityPrecipitating polyclonal Rabbit antiSerum to Mouse alpha-2 macroglobulin
- Gene target
- Short nameRabbit anti Mouse alpha-2 macroglobulin
- Techniqueanti mouse, Rabbit, Mouse, anti
- Alternative nameproduction species: rabbit antibody to Mouse a-2 macroglobulin
- Alternative techniquerabbit-anti
RAM/A2M | Rabbit anti Mouse alpha-2 macroglobulinsize: 1 mL | 257.05 USD
- Catalog numberRAM/A2M
- Price257.05 USD
- Size1 mL
- DescriptionThe Rabbit anti Mouse alpha-2 macroglobulin is a α- or alpha protein sometimes glycoprotein present in blood.This antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.This is against a protein of mus musculus directed antibody.
- TestMouse or mice from the Mus musculus species are used for production of mouse monoclonal antibodies or mabs and as research model for humans in your lab. Mouse are mature after 40 days for females and 55 days for males. The female mice are pregnant only 20 days and can give birth to 10 litters of 6-8 mice a year. Transgenic, knock-out, congenic and inbread strains are known for C57BL/6, A/J, BALB/c, SCID while the CD-1 is outbred as strain.
- Latin nameMus musculus,Oryctolagus cuniculus
- AboutRabbits are used for polyclonal antibody production by nordc. Rabbit antibodies are very stable and can be stored for several days at room temperature. nordc adds sodium azide and glycerol to enhance the stability of the rabbit polyclonal antibodies. Anti-human, anti mouse antibodies to highly immunogenic selected peptide sequences are" monoclonal like" since the epitope to which they are directed is less than 35 amino acids long.
0. Gene info
- Long gene namealpha-2-macroglobulin pseudogene 1
- Synonyms gene
- Synonyms gene name
- alpha-2-macroglobulin pseudogene
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year1991-09-12
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- Qualifiersclassification, economics, history, instrumentation, methods, standards, trends, utilization, veterinary, statistics & numerical data, ethics
- Gene ontology - Biological process
- Gene ontology - Cellular component
- Gene ontology - Molecular function
- Entrez Gene
Supplier:Bioss Primary Unconjugated Antibodies
Supplier:SAB ELISA KIT