PUMA Antibody is available 1 time from Njs poly labs
R30371 | PUMA Antibodysize: 0.1mg | 457.43 USD
- Concentration0.5mg/ml if reconstituted with 0.2ml sterile DI water
- FormAntigen affinity purified
- ClonePolyclonal antibody
- Recognised antigenPUMA
- Host animalRabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus)
- ClonalityPolyclonal (rabbit origin)
- Species reactivityHuman (Homo sapiens), Mouse (Mus musculus), Rat ; Due to limited knowledge and inability to test the antibody against all known species, we cannot guarantee that no other cross reactivity can occur.
- Tested applicationsWB
- Recommended dilutionsWestern blot: 0.5-1ug/ml
- NotesThe stated application concentrations are suggested starting amounts. Titration of the PUMA antibody may be required due to differences in protocols and secondary/substrate sensitivity.
- Intented useThis PUMA antibodyis to be used only for research purposes and not for diagnostics..
- Uniprot #Q9BXH1
- PurityAntigen affinity
- DescriptionThe p53 upregulated modulator of apoptosis, or PUMA, is a pro-apoptotic member of the Bcl-2 protein family. The PUMA gene is located at 19q. PUMA transcript is contained within 4 exons, with the presumptive initiation codon in exon 2. The predicted 193-amino acid PUMA protein shares 91% amino acid identity with the murine sequence. Bcl-2 family members can form hetero- or homodimers, and they act as anti- or pro-apoptotic regulators that are involved in a wide variety of cellular activities. The expression of PUMA is regulated by the tumor suppressor p53, and PUMA has been shown to be involved in p53-mediated apoptosis. Additionally, PUMA encodes 2 BH3 domain-containing proteins, PUMA-alpha and PUMA-beta, that are produced through the use of an alternative first exon and are induced in cells following p53 activation. Furthermore, PUMA couples the nuclear and cytoplasmic proapoptotic functions of p53.
- ImmunogenAn amino acid sequence from the C-terminus of human PUMA (ADDLNAQYERRRQEE) was used as the immunogen for this PUMA antibody (100% homologous in human, mouse and rat).
- StorageAfter reconstitution, the PUMA antibody can be stored for up to one month at 4oC. For long-term, aliquot and store at -20 deg. Celcius or lower. Cycles of freezing and thawing can denaturate the peptide chains of the antibodies and reduce their sensitivity and/or change their affinity. Prepare aliqotes in such a manner so that freeze-thaw cycles are minimized. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by NJS poly they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short namePUMA Antibody
- Alternative namePUMA (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
Supplier:Bioss Primary Unconjugated Antibodies