PGGT1A Antibody Conjugated
PGGT1A Antibody Conjugated is available 7 times from Bioss primary conjugated antibodies labs
- CategoryConjugated Primary Antibodies
- Host OrganismRabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus)
- Target AntigenPGGT1A
- SpecificityThis is a highly specific antibody against PGGT1A.
- Modification siteNone
- ClonePolyclonal antibody
- Concentration1ug per 1ul
- SourceKLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human PGGT1A/FNTA
- Gene ID number2339
- CrossreactivityHuman, Mouse, Rat
- Crossreactive species detailsDue to limited amount of testing and knowledge, not every possible cross-reactivity is known.
- Antigen backgroundFNTA, also known as CAAX farnesyltransferase (FTase), attaches a farnesyl group from farnesyl pyrophosphate to cysteine residues at the fourth position from the C terminus of proteins that end in the so-called CAAX box, where C is cysteine, A is usually but not always an aliphatic amino acid, and X is typically methionine or serine. This type of posttranslational modification provides a mechanism for membrane localization of proteins that lack a transmembrane domain. This enzyme has the remarkable property of farnesylating peptides as short as four residues in length that conform to the CAAX consensus sequence. FNTA is also a specific cytoplasmic interactor of the transforming growth factor-beta and activin type I receptors. It is likely to be a key component of the signaling pathway which involves p21ras, an important substrate for farnesyltransferase.
- Purification methodThis antibody was purified via Protein A.
- SynonymsCAAX farnesyltransferase alpha subunit; Farnesyl protein transferase alpha subunit; Farnesyltransferase CAAX box alpha; Farnesyltransferase, CAAX box, alpha; FPTA; FTase alpha; GGTase I alpha; PGGT1A; Protein farnesyltransferase/geranylgeranyltransferase type I alpha subunit; Protein prenyltransferase alpha subunit repeat containing 2; PTAR2; Ras proteins prenyltransferase alpha; Ras proteins prenyltransferase subunit alpha; Type I protein geranyl geranyltransferase alpha subunit; FNTA_HUMAN.
- Gene target
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
bs-9547R-Biotin | PGGT1A Antibody, Biotin Conjugatedsize: 0.1ml | 410.12 USD
- Catalog numberbs-9547R-Biotin
- Price410.12 USD
- Long namePGGT1A Polyclonal Antibody, Biotin Conjugated
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P
- Recommended dilutionsWB(1:100-1000), IHC-P(1:100-500)
- Storage conditionsKeep the antibody in an aqueous buffered solution containing 1% BSA, 50% glycerol and 0.09% sodium azide. Store refrigerated at 2 to 8 degrees Celcius for up to 1 year.
- Excitation EmissionN/A
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Bioss Primary Conjugated Antibodies they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C. Biotin conjugates can be detected by horseradish peroxidase, alkaline phosphatase substrates or anti biotin conjugated antibodies. Avidin and Streptavidin bind to the small biotin and are couple to HRP or AP for ELISA. To break the streptavidin Biotin bond we suggest to use a 6 molar guanidine HCl solution with acidity of pH 1.6.
- Additional conjugationBiotinylated
- French translationanticorps
- Short namePGGT1A Antibody, Conjugated
- TechniqueAntibody, antibodies against human proteins, antibodies for, antibody Conjugates
- Alternative namePGGT1A (Antibody to), biotinilated coupled
1. Gene info
- Long gene namefarnesyltransferase, CAAX box, alpha
- Synonyms name
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year1993-04-08
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- Prenyltransferase alpha subunit repeat containing
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- Qualifiersclassification, economics, history, instrumentation, methods, standards, trends, utilization, veterinary, statistics & numerical data, ethics
- PubMedObservational study of gene-disease association, gene-environment interaction, and pharmacogenomic / toxicogenomic. (HuGE Navigator)Geranylgeranyltransferase inhibitor-2147 (GGTI-2147), an inhibitor of protein prenylation, elicited significant inhibition of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from INS 832/13 islset cells.Results suggest that all peptide substrates adopt a common binding mode in the protein farnesyltransferase and geranylgeranyltransferase active site.
- Gene ontology - Biological process
- Gene ontology - Cellular component
- Gene ontology - Molecular function
- Entrez Gene
bs-9547R-Cy3 | PGGT1A Antibody, Cy3 Conjugatedsize: 0.1ml | 431.06 USD
bs-9547R-Cy5 | PGGT1A Antibody, Cy5 Conjugatedsize: 0.1ml | 431.06 USD
bs-9547R-Cy5.5 | PGGT1A Antibody, Cy5.5 Conjugatedsize: 0.1ml | 431.06 USD
bs-9547R-Cy7 | PGGT1A Antibody, Cy7 Conjugatedsize: 0.1ml | 431.06 USD
bs-9547R-FITC | PGGT1A Antibody, FITC Conjugatedsize: 0.1ml | 410.12 USD
bs-9547R-HRP | PGGT1A Antibody, HRP Conjugatedsize: 0.1ml | 431.06 USD
Supplier:Bioss Primary Conjugated Antibodies