Mouse anti Glial fibrillary acidic protein GFAP
3x Mouse anti Glial fibrillary acidic protein GFAP found in nordc
- CategoryPrimary Antibodies
- Antibody is raised inMouse
- Antibody's reacts with these speciesThis antibody doesn't cross react with other species
- StorageStore at 4°C, or in small aliquots at -20°C.
- Protein numberP14136
- WarningsThis product is intended FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY, and FOR TESTS IN VITRO, not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures involving humans or animals. This product contains sodium azide. To prevent formation of toxic vapors, do not mix with strong acidic solutions. To prevent formation of potentially explosive metallic azides in metal plumbing, always wash into drain with copious quantities of water. This datasheet is as accurate as reasonably achievable, but Nordic-MUbio accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this information.
- TechniqueMouse, antibody to, mouses
- SpeciesMouse, Mouses
- Alternative techniquemurine
MUB2048P | Mouse anti Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP)0,1 mg 353.89 USD
- Catalog numberMUB2048P
- Price353.89 USD
- Size0,1 mg
- Long descriptionGlial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) is a class III intermediate filament protein, a cytoskeletal protein that is located within the cytoplasm of astrocyctes and other glial cells e.g. Schwann cells and ependymal cells. In the central nervous system, GFAP is the major intermediate filament protein of mature astrocytes. GFAP plays an important role in maintaining the structure and stability of astrocytes during development and has also been shown to be involved in cellular communication, motility and mitosis. Mutations in GFAP give rise to Alexander disease, a rare and fatal disease of the central nervous system. Antibodies recognizing GFAP are commonly used to identify cells of astrocytic origin under normal and pathological conditions.
- Antibody come fromG-A-5 is a mouse monoclonal IgG1 antibody derived by fusion of PA1 mouse myeloma cells with spleen cells from BALB/c mice immunized with purified GFAP from porcine spinal cord.
- Other descriptionEach vial contains 100µl 1mg/ml purified monoclonal antibody in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Antigen-antibody binding interactionMouse anti Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) Antibody
- Antibody's reacts withHuman, Mouse, Rat, Pig, Chicken
- Antibody's specificityThe antibody G-A-5 recognises GFAP in human, mouse, rat, porcine and chicken. The antibody reacts with the carboxyterminal cys II fragment of GFAP as determined by western blotting and does not cross react with vimentin
- Research interestCytoskeletal, neuroscience, cell cycle
- ApplicationImmunocytochemistry, Immunohistochemistry (Frozen, Paraffin), Western Blotting
- Antibody's suited forThe G-A-5 antibody is suitable for the detection of purified GFAP by Western blotting and detects a band of 51kDa in glioma cell lines. The antibody is also suitable for the detection of GFAP by Immunocytochemistry on permeabilized cells, and Immunohistology of frozen and formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissues. Optimal antibody dilutions for the different applications should be determined by titration.
- Relevant references1. Debus E, Weber K, Osborn M. Monoclonal antibodies specific for glial fibrillary acidic (GFA) protein and for each of the neurofilament triplet polypeptides. Differentiation. (1983) 25:193 – 203.
- DescriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- TestMouse or mice from the Mus musculus species are used for production of mouse monoclonal antibodies or mabs and as research model for humans in your lab. Mouse are mature after 40 days for females and 55 days for males. The female mice are pregnant only 20 days and can give birth to 10 litters of 6-8 mice a year. Transgenic, knock-out, congenic and inbread strains are known for C57BL/6, A/J, BALB/c, SCID while the CD-1 is outbred as strain.
- Latin nameMus musculus
- Gene target
- Short nameMouse anti Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP)
- Alternative nameMouse antibody to Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP)
1. Gene info
- Long gene nameglial fibrillary acidic protein
- Synonyms name
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year1989-12-07
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- Intermediate filaments Type III
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- Qualifiersclassification, economics, history, instrumentation, methods, standards, trends, utilization, veterinary, statistics & numerical data, ethics
MUB0701P | Mouse anti Glial fibrillary acidic protein / GFAP0,1 mg 353.89 USD
MUB0701S | Mouse anti Glial fibrillary acidic protein / GFAP1 mL 257.48 USD