LB Growth Medium w/o Sodium Chloride
LB Growth Medium w/o Sodium Chloride is available 1 time from Himedia labs
G008-4X500G | LB Growth Medium w/o Sodium Chloridesize: 4X500 g | 204.61 USD
- DescriptionLB Growth Medium w/o Sodium Chloride is employed in the protein espression system where sodium chloride is used to induce protein. To prepre the media d issolve the powder in d istilled water, heat to boiling if it is necessary, then d ispense as desired and sterilize by autoclaving at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- ApplicationMolecular Biology Growth Media for Escherichia coli
- Quantity required by litre15 g
- Appearance of powderLight yellow coloured, homogeneous, free flowing powder.
- Colour and ClarityLight yellow coloured, clear solution without any precipitate.
- Cultural ResponseCultural characteristics observed after an incubation at 35-37°C for 18 - 48 hours.
- Organisms (ATCC) GrowthEscherichia coli: good-luxuriant
- Composition (g/l)Tryptone 10.00 Yeast extract 5.00
- StorageStore below 30°C and the prepared medium at 2 - 8°C.
- Additional descriptionThere are two major types of growth media those used for cell culture , which use specific cell types derived from plants or animals, and microbiological culture, which are used for growing microorganisms, such as bacteria or yeast. The most common growth media for microorganisms are nutrient broths and agar plates with antibiotics; specialized media are sometimes required for microorganism and cell culture growth.
- Gene target
- Short nameLB Growth Medium w/o Sodium Chloride
- Alternative nameLB Growth Medium w/o Sodium Chloride
- Alternative techniquecellculture