Human CellExp TIM 4 human recombinant
Human CellExp TIM 4 human recombinant is available 2 times from Biovision labs
P1108-50 | Human CellExp™ TIM-4, human recombinantsize: 50 µg | 534.24 USD
P1108-10 | Human CellExp™ TIM-4, human recombinantsize: 10 μg | 174.28 USD
- BackgroundThe TIM (T cell/transmembrane, immunoglobulin and mucin) family plays a critical role in regulating immune responses, including allergy, asthma, transplant tolerance, autoimmunity and the response to viral infections. The unique structure of TIM immunoglobulin variable region domains allows highly specific recognition of phosphatidylserine (PtdSer), exposed on the surface of apoptotic cells. TIM-4 (T cell; immunoglobulin; Mucin-4), also known as SMUCKLER, is a 60 kDa member of the TIM family of immune regulating proteins. TIM-4 is exclusively expressed on antigen-presenting cells, where it mediates phagocytosis of apoptotic cells and plays an important role in maintaining tolerance. TIM-4 binds specifically to TIM-1 which is also the cellular receptor for the hepatitis A virus, and has been implicated in the development of asthma. Among hematopoietic cells, TIM-1 is expressed on activated B and T cells, preferentially in the Th2 subset of CD4+ T cells. The interaction of TIM-4 with TIM-1 induces costimulatory and hyperproliferative signals in T cells.
- SynonymTIM4; TIMD4, T Cell Immunoglobulin and Mucin Domain-containing Protein 4, T Cell Membrane Protein 4
- Other nameTIM4, TIMD4, T Cell Immunoglobulin and Mucin Domain-containing Protein 4, T Cell Membrane Protein 4
- NCBI gene number91937
- NCBI geneTIMD4
- Gene sourceHuman
- NCBI numberQ96H15
- SourceCHO cells
- Tested applicationsSDS-PAGE, N/A
- Level of endotoxin< 0.06 EU/μg
- Tested activityMeasured by its ability to inhibit anti-CD3-induced proliferation of stimulated human T cells.
- Biological activityMeasured by its ability to inhibit anti-CD3-induced proliferation of stimulated human T cells.
- Binding abilityN/A
- Storage condition-20°C
- Shipping underGel pack
- Physical appearanceLyophilized
- Physical propertiesLyophilized from 0.2 μm-filtered solution in PBS
- How to reconstituteReconstitute with 100 µl sterile water.
- Aa sequenceN/A
- Before useCentrifuge the vial prior to opening.
- NotesFor Research Use Only! Not to be used in humans
- PropertiesHuman proteins, cDNA and human recombinants are used in human reactive ELISA kits and to produce anti-human mono and polyclonal antibodies. Modern humans (Homo sapiens, primarily ssp. Homo sapiens sapiens). Depending on the epitopes used human ELISA kits can be cross reactive to many other species. Mainly analyzed are human serum, plasma, urine, saliva, human cell culture supernatants and biological samples.
- Additional sourceRecombinants or rec. proteins
- Gene target
- Short nameCellExp™ TIM-4, recombinant
- Alternative nameH. sapiens CellExp™ TIM-4, H. sapiens recombinant
- Alternative techniquerec