GlnA, Glutamine synthetase
1x GlnA, Glutamine synthetase found in agisera
- Available ordering formatLiquid in PBS pH 8.0, 0.02% sodium azide
- ImmunogenKLH-conjugated synthetic peptide derived from available bacterial GlnA sequences with perfect conservation in alpha, beta, gamma Proteobacteria, Enterobacteria, Thermotogales, Low GC Gram+, Cyanobacteria (except weak conservation with Trichodesmium thiebautii) including Synechocystis PCC 6803 Q59981
- Raised inHen
- PurificationTotal IgY
- How to reconstituteSee included datasheet or contact our support service
- Storage conditionstore at 4°C; make aliquots to avoid working with a stock. Please, remember to spin tubes briefly prior to opening them to avoid any losses that might occur from liquid material adhering to the cap or sides of the tubes.
- Verified applicationswestern blot (WB)
- Connected productsAS01 018S | GlnA protein standard for a quantitative western blot or as a positive controlRecommended secondary antibodycollection of antibodies to nitrogen metabolismAlgal protein extraction bufferSecondary antibodies
- Recommended dilutions for use1:5000 with standard ECL (WB)
- Molecular weight (expected | аpparent)53 kDa
- Verified reactivitySynechococcus sp. 7942, Synechocystis sp. 6803
- Possible reactivityalpha, beta, gamma proteobacteria, enterobacteria, thermotogales, euryarchaeotes, crenarchaeotes, Arthropsira sp. PCC 8005
- No reactivitydiatoms, eukaryotic GlnA
- Supplementary informationContact Gentaur support center at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ReferencesBrown et al. (2008). Flux capacities and acclimation costs in Trichodesmium from the Gulf of Mexico. Marine Biol. 154:413-422.Burns et al. (2006). Inorganic carbon repletion constrains steady-state light acclimation in the cyanobacterium Synechococcus elongatus. J. Phycol. 42:610-621.
- Scientific contextGlutamine synthetase (EC=184.108.40.206) is the key enzyme in the incorporation of mineral nitrogen into glutamine. Activity of this enzyme is controlled by adenylarion under conditions of abundant glutamine.
- NotesPeptide target used to elicit this antibody has a weak, sporadic conservation with Glutamine Synthetase to III, antibody not expected to detect this enzyme. Weak conservation with some Glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase (Glutamine--tRNA ligase) (GLNRS), but this antibody is not expected to detect this enzyme.
- Protein numberP77961 , Q59981
- TAIR numberRefer to NCBI
- Gene target
- Short nameGlnA, Glutamine synthetase
- Alternative nameGlnA, Glutamine synthetase
AS01 018 | GlnA, Glutamine synthetase50 µl (16 mg/ml) 529.61 USD
- Catalog numberAS01 018
- Price529.61 USD
- Size50 µl (16 mg/ml)
- ConceptRegistry number:0RH81L854JScope note:A non-essential amino acid present abundantly throughout the body and is involved in many metabolic processes. It is synthesized from GLUTAMIC ACID and AMMONIA. It is the principal carrier of NITROGEN in the body and is an important energy source for many cells.CASN1 number:Glutamine
- Tree numbers
- Qualifiersanalogs & derivatives, immunology, pharmacokinetics, biosynthesis, physiology, therapeutic use, secretion, toxicity, poisoning, administration & dosage, adverse effects, agonists, blood, cerebrospinal fluid, chemical synthesis, contraindications, deficiency, chemistry, drug effects, urine, radiation effects, history, analysis, antagonists & inhibitors, classification, economics, genetics, isolation & purification, metabolism, pharmacology, standards, supply & distribution
Supplier:Bioss Primary Conjugated Antibodies