1x Anti-Rat CNTF found in MBS Polyclonals
- Alternative name1Anti-Rabbit Anti-Rat CNTF
- Alternative name2Rabbit Anti-Rat CNTF
- Alternative name3Lapin Anti-Rattus norvegicus CNTF
- Alternative name4CNTF
- Alternative name5Antigen-Affinity Purified Polyclonal Antibodies Anti-rat CNTF
- Other namesciliary neurotrophic factor; Ciliary neurotrophic factor; ciliary neurotrophic factor; ciliary neurotropic factor; ciliary neurotrophic factor; N/A
- Gene nameCNTF
- Gene name synonimsN/A
- Other gene namesCntf; Cntf; N/A; CNTF
- Immunoglobulin isotypeN/A
- ClonePolyclonal antibody
- Host organismRabbit
- Species reactivityRat
- Specificity and cross-reactivityN/A
- Purification methodAffinity chromatography
- Storage and shippingLyophilized antibodies may be transported at ambient temperature and stored for short terms at +4 degrees Celsius and at -20 for long term storage. Antibodies in liquid form can be shipped and stored for short terms at +4 degrees Celsius, for long term storage (up to one year) 25-50% glycerol or ethylene glycol has to added and the vial must be stored at -20°C.
- Tested for:ELISA (EIA), Western Blot (WB), Neutr
- Descriptionproductone is a polyclonal antibody of high purity and binding affinity for the antigen that it is risen against. Properly used, this antibody will ensure excellent and reproducible results with guaranteed success for the applications that it is tested in. Polyclonal antibodies have series of advantages - larger batches can be supplied at a time, they are inexpensive to manufacture and respectively to buy, the time needed for production is considerably shorter. Polyclonal antibodies generally are more stable and retain their reactivity under unfavorable conditions. To obtain more detailed information on productone, please, refer to the full product datasheet.
- AdvisoryIn order to retain the quality and the affinity of productone unchanged, please, avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. For antibodies that are in liquid form or reconstituted lyophilized antibodies small amounts could become entrapped on the seal or the walls of the tube. Prior to use briefly centrifuge the vial to gather all the solution on the bottom.
- Gene target
- Short nameAnti- CNTF
- Techniqueanti, antibody to
- SpeciesRat, Rats
- Alternative nameantibody to-Rat ciliary neurotrophic factor
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
- Alternative to gene targetciliary neurotrophic factor, HCNTF, CNTF and IDBG-409278 and ENSG00000242689 and 1270, this GO :0005127 and ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor binding and molecular function this GO :0005138 and interleukin-6 receptor binding and molecular function this GO :0005615 and extracellular space and cellular component this GO :0005737 and cytoplasm and cellular component this GO :0007165 and signal transduction and biological process this GO :0008083 and growth factor activity and molecular function this GO :0008284 and positive regulation of cell proliferation and biological process this GO :0040007 and growth and biological process this GO :0042517 and positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein and biological process this GO :0043524 and negative regulation of neuron apoptotic process and biological process this GO :0046533 and negative regulation of photoreceptor cell differentiation and biological process this GO :0046668 and regulation of retinal cell programmed cell death and biological process this GO :0048644 and muscle organ morphogenesis and biological process this GO :0048666 and neuron development and biological process this GO :0070120 and ciliary neurotrophic factor-mediated signaling pathway and biological process this GO :0097058 and CRLF-CLCF1 complex and cellular component, growth factor activity, this GO :0005127: ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor binding and also this GO :0005138: interleukin-6 receptor binding and also this GO :0008083: growth factor activity, this GO :0005127: ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor binding, this GO :0005138: interleukin-6 receptor binding, this GO :0008083: growth factor activity, Extracellular, Cntf and IDBG-254935 and ENSMUSG00000079415 and 12803, CNTF and IDBG-637978 and ENSBTAG00000003624 and 100848228
MBS691216 | Anti-Rat CNTFsize: 100ug | 691.18 USD
- Catalog numberMBS691216
- Price691.18 USD
- Additional descriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- AboutRats are used to make rat monoclonal anti mouse antibodies. There are less rat- than mouse clones however. Rats genes from rodents of the genus Rattus norvegicus are often studied in vivo as a model of human genes in Sprague-Dawley or Wistar rats.
- Latin nameRattus norvegicus
1. Gene info
- Long gene nameZFP91-CNTF readthrough (NMD candidate)
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year2011-05-31
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- Qualifiersclassification, economics, history, instrumentation, methods, standards, trends, utilization, veterinary, statistics & numerical data, ethics
- PubMedCNTF/CPT-cAMP-induced retinal ganglion cell survival & axonal regeneration are a result of multiple pathway actions, with PKA as an essential component, but these pathways can function in an antagonistic manner under different conditions.Ciliary neurotrophic factor prevents acute lipid-induced insulin resistance by attenuating ceramide accumulation and phosphorylation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase in peripheral tissuesCntf negatively regulates the phototransduction machinery in rod photoreceptors: implications for light-induced photostasis plasticity.Data show that both ciliary neurotrophic factor and fibroblast growth factor-2 are present in regions of elevated oligodendrocyte progenitor cell proliferation and generation after spinal cord injury and may play a role in injury-induced gliogenesis.CNTF may act as a protective factor against weight gain during hypercaloric diet and could account for individual differences in the susceptibility to obesity.Sympathetic neurons respond to stretch with an upregulation of VEGF, which is mediated by the NGF/CNTF and TrkA signaling pathway paralleled by HIF-1alpha expression.The results of this study showed taht increased CNTF and CNTFR complex in the sprouting, metabolically active supraoptic nucleus are related directly to the sprouting response and not the increase in neurosecretory activity.Compared to the rats in the control group, the rats in the HF group had the expression levels of 12 genes with significant changes, Agrp, Ghrl, and Nr3c1, Apoa4, Cntf, Ghr, IL-1beta, Ins1, Lepr,Sort, Adcyap1r1 and Adrb1.Hence we can conclude that increase in the expression of ciliary neurotropic factor gene, as a nerve growth factor, following ultrasound radiation, can be considered as the reason of the effect of ultrasound on the rate of injured nerve regeneration.
- Gene ontology - Biological process
- Gene ontology - Cellular component
- Gene ontology - Molecular function
- Entrez Gene
Supplier:Bioss Primary Conjugated Antibodies
BMP15, ID (Bone Morphogenetic Protein 15, BMP-15, Growth/Differentiation Factor 9B, GDF-9B, GDF9B) Antibody