Anti-Mouse Oncostatin M
Anti-Mouse Oncostatin M is available 1 time from Reliatech antibodies labs
103-M446 | Anti-Mouse Oncostatin Msize: 100ug | 380.39 USD
- Catalog number103-M446
- Price380.39 USD
1. Gene info
- Long gene nameoncostatin M
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year1992-07-09
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- Interleukin 6 type cytokine family
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- PubMedOncostatin M[OSM]-deficient mice displayed significantly reduced noxious responses in models of acute pain. Thus, OSM plays an essential role in the development of a subtype of nociceptive neurons in the dorsal root gangliaInhibition of the transcriptional activity associated with 4.1 kb of the mouse renin 5'-flanking sequence in As4.1 cells.Results suggest that OSM plays a key role in the prevention of autoimmune disease by regulating the clearance of apoptotic thymocytes.Oncostatin M (OSM) is produced by osteoblasts and osteocytes in mouse bone and that it has distinct effects when acting through 2 different receptors.OSM is expressed in atherosclerotic lesions and may contribute to the progression of atherosclerosis by promoting SMC proliferation, migration and extracellular matrix protein synthesis through the STAT pathwayData indicate that pro-inflammatory cytokines such as IL6 or OSM could activate pathways associated with prostate cancer progression and synergize with cell-autonomous oncogenic events to promote aggressive malignancy.
- Gene ontology - Biological process
- Gene ontology - Cellular component
- Gene ontology - Molecular function
- Entrez Gene
- Gene NameOncostatin M
- Species ReactivityMouse (Mus musculus)
- DescriptionThis is a highly purified antibody with strong binding affinity towards the antigen that it has been risen against.Properly used, this antibody will ensure excellent and reproducible results with guaranteed success for the applications that it is tested in.
- Storage and handlingLyophilized antibodies can be shipped at ambient temperature and stored for short terms at +4 degrees Celsius and at -20 for long term storage. Reconstituted lyophilised and antibodies in liquid form can be shipped and stored for short terms at +4 degrees Celsius. Generally, it is recomended for long term storage (up to one year) 25-50% glycerol or ethylene glycol to be added and the vial must be stored at -20°C.
- AdvisoryIn order to retain the quality and the affinity of the antibodies unchanged, please, avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. For antibodies that are in liquid form or reconstituted lyophilized antibodies small amounts could become entrapped on the seal or the walls of the tube. Prior to use briefly centrifuge the vial to gather all the solution on the bottom.
- Additional descriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- TestMouse or mice from the Mus musculus species are used for production of mouse monoclonal antibodies or mabs and as research model for humans in your lab. Mouse are mature after 40 days for females and 55 days for males. The female mice are pregnant only 20 days and can give birth to 10 litters of 6-8 mice a year. Transgenic, knock-out, congenic and inbread strains are known for C57BL/6, A/J, BALB/c, SCID while the CD-1 is outbred as strain.
- Latin nameMus musculus
- Gene target
- Short nameAnti-Mouse Oncostatin M
- TechniqueMouse, anti
- Alternative nameantibody to-Mouse Oncostatin M
- Alternative techniqueantibodies