anti-MCAK Antibody is available 1 time from Biovision labs
3760-100 | anti-MCAK Antibodysize: MCAK Antibody | 359.96 USD
- Target of this antibody:MCAK
- Alternative names of antibody target:MCAK, Mitotic Centromere-Associated Kinesin, KIF2C, Kinesein Family Member 2C, KNSL6, Kinesin-Like 6, ESTM5
- Background information:Kinesin activity has been linked to various cellular functions such as vesicle transport, mitotic spindle formation, chromosome segregation, chromosome congression, and cytokinesis. Structurally, all kinesins contain a motor domain with microtubule and nucleotide binding sites that utilize ATP to target cargo along microtubule filaments. MCAK (Mitotic Centromere-Associated Kinesin) is the founding member of kinesin-13 proteins. There are 3 independent genes coding for kinesin-13 proteins kif2a, kif2b, and kif2c (MCAK). Instead of functioning as a translocator of microtubules MCAK is a depolymerizer that is primarily responsible for releasing improper microtubule-kinetochore attachments during cell division.
- Antibody host:Rabbit
- Clonality of antibody:Polyclonal
- Isotype:Rabbit IgG
- This antibody reacts with:Human
- Immunogene sequence:Synthetic peptide of human MCAK
- Concentration of antibody:N/A
- Form of antibody:Liquid
- Formulation of this antibody:100 µl affinity purified rabbit polyclonal antibody in phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) containing 30% glycerol, 1% BSA and 0.02% thimerosal.
- Purification method:Affinity purified
- This antibody has been succesfully tested for use in following methods:Western blot, Immunoprecipitation
- Recommended usage:Western blotting (1:500 – 1:2000) and Immunoprecipitation. HeLa cell lysate can be used as a positive control. However, the optimal concentrations should be determined individually. The antibody recognizes the MCAK of human origin. Reactivity to other species has not been tested.
- Storage information:Shelf time: 12 months in temp.: -20 deg.C
- Shipping conditions:gel pack
- How to handle this antibody:The antibody solution should be gently mixed before use.
- DescriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Biovision they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameanti-MCAK Antibody
- TechniqueAntibody, anti
- Alternative nameantibody to-MCAK (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies