anti-EGFR Antibody is available 1 time from Biovision labs
3782-100 | anti-EGFR Antibodysize: EGFR Antibody | 393.53 USD
- Target of this antibody:EGFR
- Alternative names of antibody target:EGFR, Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor, ERBB, ERBB1, ERBB-1, Erythroblastic Leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog
- Background information:The EGF receptor family comprises several related receptor tyrosine kinases that are frequently overexpressed in a variety of carcinomas. Members of this receptor family include EGFR (HER1), Neu (ErbB-2, HER2), ErbB-3 (HER3) and ErbB-4 (HER4), which form either homodimers or heterodimers upon ligand binding. Exons in the EGFR gene product are frequently either deleted or duplicated to produce deletion mutants (DM) or tandem duplication mutants (TDM), respectively, which are detected at various molecular weights. EGFR binds several ligands, including epidermal growth factor (EGF), transforming growth factor α (TGFα), Amphiregulin and heparin binding-EGF (HB-EGF). Ligand binding promotes the internalization of EGFR via Clathrin-coated pits and its subsequent degradation in response to its intrinsic tyrosine kinase. EGFR is involved in organ morphogenesis and maintenance and repair of tissues, but upregulation of EGFR is associated with tumor progression. The oncogenic effects of EGFR include initiation of DNA synthesis, enhanced cell growth, invasion and metastasis. Abrogation of EGFR results in cell cycle arrest, apoptosis or dedifferentiation of cancer cells, suggesting that EGFR may be an effective therapeutic target.
- Antibody host:Rabbit
- Clonality of antibody:Polyclonal
- Isotype:Rabbit IgG
- This antibody reacts with:Human, mouse
- Immunogene sequence:Synthetic peptide of human EGFR
- Concentration of antibody:N/A
- Form of antibody:Liquid
- Formulation of this antibody:100 µl affinity purified rabbit polyclonal antibody in phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) containing 30% glycerol, 0.5% BSA and 0.01% thimerosal.
- Purification method:Affinity purified
- This antibody has been succesfully tested for use in following methods:Western blot, Immunoprecipitation
- Recommended usage:Western blotting (1:500 – 1:2500) and Immunoprecipitation. However, the optimal concentrations should be determined individually. The antibody recognizes the EGFR of human and mouse origins. Reactivity to other species has not been tested.
- Storage information:Shelf time: 12 months in temp.: -20 deg.C
- Shipping conditions:gel pack
- How to handle this antibody:The antibody solution should be gently mixed before use.
- DescriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Biovision they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameanti-EGFR Antibody
- TechniqueAntibody, anti
- Alternative nameantibody to-epidermal growth factor receptor (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
- Alternative to gene targetepidermal growth factor receptor, ERBB and ERBB1 and HER1 and mENA and PIG61, EGFR and IDBG-16933 and ENSG00000146648 and 1956, transferase activity, nuclei, Egfr and IDBG-151194 and ENSMUSG00000020122 and 13649, EGFR and IDBG-644035 and ENSBTAG00000011628 and 407217
Supplier:Bioss Primary Unconjugated Antibodies
Supplier:Brady Benelux NL