anti CD8 FITC Monoclonal Antibody Clone OKT 8
anti CD8 FITC Monoclonal Antibody Clone OKT 8 is available 2 times from Biovision labs
- Target of this antibody:CD8
- Alternative names of antibody target:CD8
- Background information:CD3 (T3), a complex T cell marker, is known to associate noncovalently with the a/b or g/z heterodimer of the T cell antigen receptor (TCR) to form the most complex transmembrane (TM) receptor structures. CD3 is specially engaged in antigen recognition and is known to play an important role in mediating signals that are critical for T cell development in the thymus, proliferation, and induction of T cell-mediated immune responses against infectious agents and also in the differentiation of T cells into effector and memory populations. CD3 usually expresses in the cytoplasm of prothymocytes, and on the surface of about 95% of thymocytes, but cytoplasmic CD3 is lost as the cells differentiate into medullary thymocytes. Apart from its role as an important marker in the classification of malignant lymphomas and lymphoid leukemia, CD3 can also be useful for the identification of T cells in celiac disease, lymphocytic colitis and colorectal carcinomas associated with loss of a mismatch repair protein. CD3 indirectly plays an important role in immunomodulation whereas the anti-CD3 antibody may be used in in vitro Treg assays to generate effector T cells. The CD3 complex contains γ, δ, and ε chains, and it is part of the TCR complex, expressed by all mature T lymphocytes and by the thymocyte lineage. The OKT3 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with the ε chain of the CD3/T lymphocyte antigen receptor complex. CD3 enhances the antigen recognition by signal transduction. The OKT3 antibody is an immunosuppressive, which has proven to be an effective therapeutic agent in liver, heart, and renal allograft rejection.
- Antibody host:Mouse
- Clonality of antibody:Monoclonal
- Isotype:Mouse IgG2a, Kappa
- This antibody reacts with:Human
- Immunogene sequence:Human CD8
- Concentration of antibody:N/A
- Form of antibody:Liquid
- Formulation of this antibody:Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution pH 7.2, ≤0.09% Sodium azide, may contain carrier protein/stabilizer.
- Purification method:Affinity chromatography.
- This antibody has been succesfully tested for use in following methods:Flow cytometry
- Recommended usage:Flow (Cell Surface): 5 µl/1x10^6 cells, Volume per test: 5 µl (0.125 µg).
- Storage information:Shelf time: 12 months in temp.: 4 deg.C
- Shipping conditions:gel pack
- How to handle this antibody:The antibody solution should be gently mixed before use.
- DescriptionThis antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.Cytotoxic T cells cluster differentiators for flow cytometry. This transmembrane glycoprotein is detected by monoclonals and has a lot of clones available with different affinity.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Biovision they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.This Biovision Fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) antibody is currently after some BD antibodies the most commonly used fluorescent dye for FACS. When excited at 488 nanometers, FITC has a green emission that's usually collected at 530 nanometers, the FL1 detector of a FACSCalibur or FACScan. FITC has a high quantum yield (efficiency of energy transfer from absorption to emission fluorescence) and approximately half of the absorbed photons are emitted as fluorescent light. For fluorescent microscopy applications, the 1 FITC is seldom used as it photo bleaches rather quickly though in flow cytometry applications, its photo bleaching effects are not observed due to a very brief interaction at the laser intercept. Biovision FITC is highly sensitive to pH extremes.
- ConjugationAnti-FITC Antibody
- AboutMonoclonals of this antigen are available in different clones. Each murine monoclonal anibody has his own affinity specific for the clone. Mouse monoclonal antibodies are purified protein A or G and can be conjugated to FITC for flow cytometry or FACS and can be of different isotypes.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameanti-CD8 FITC Monoclonal Antibody (Clone OKT-8)
- TechniqueAntibody, anti, FITC
- Alternative nameantibody to-CD8 fluorecein monoclonal (Antibody to) (clonality OKT-8)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies
- Clone nameOKT-8
6954-100 | anti-CD8 FITC Monoclonal Antibody (Clone OKT-8)size: CD8 FITC Monoclonal Antibody (Clone OKT-8) | 437.56 USD
6954-25 | anti-CD8 FITC Monoclonal Antibody (Clone OKT-8)size: CD8 FITC Monoclonal Antibody (Clone OKT-8) | 206.4 USD
Supplier:Bioss Polyclonal Antibodies