anti-alpha-Fodrin Antibody is available 0 time from Biovision labs
- Target of this antibody:Fodrin
- Alternative names of antibody target:SPTAN1, FLJ44613, SPTA2,
- Background information:Fodrin is a universally expressed membrane-associated cytoskeletal protein consisting of α- and β-subunits. The protein is important for maintaining normal membrane structure and supporting cell surface protein function. α-Fodrin is one of the important targets cleaved by caspases during apoptosis. The full length 240 kDa protein can be cleaved at several sites within its sequence by activated caspases generating N-terminal 150 kDa, C-terminal 120 kDa, and 35 kDa major products. Cleavage of α-Fodrin leads to membrane malfunction and cell shrinkage.
- Antibody host:Rabbit
- Clonality of antibody:Polyclonal
- Isotype:Rabbit IgG
- This antibody reacts with:Human
- Immunogene sequence:Synthetic peptide surrounding amino acid 162 of mouse alpha-Fodrin
- Concentration of antibody:0.5 mg/ml
- Form of antibody:Liquid
- Formulation of this antibody:100 µg (0.5 mg/ml) affinity purified rabbit anti-α-Fodrin polyclonal antibody in phosphate buffered saline (PBS), pH 7.2, containing 30% glycerol, 0.5% BSA, 0.01% thimerosal.
- Purification method:Affinity purified
- This antibody has been succesfully tested for use in following methods:Western blot, Immunohistochemistry
- Recommended usage:Western blot analysis (0.5-4 µg/ml) and in in Immunohistochemistry (10-20 µg/ml).
- Storage information:Shelf time: 12 months in temp.: -20 deg.C
- Shipping conditions:gel pack
- How to handle this antibody:The antibody solution should be gently mixed before use.
- DescriptionThe anti-alpha-Fodrin Antibody is a α- or alpha protein sometimes glycoprotein present in blood.This antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Biovision they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameanti-alpha-Fodrin Antibody
- TechniqueAntibody, anti
- Alternative nameantibody to-a-Fodrin (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies