anti-alpha-Fodrin Antibody is available 1 time from Biovision labs
3266-100 | anti-alpha-Fodrin Antibodysize: alpha-Fodrin Antibody | 367.92 USD
- Catalog number3266-100
- Price367.92 USD
- Sizealpha-Fodrin Antibody
1. Gene info
- Long gene namespectrin alpha, non-erythrocytic 1
- Synonyms name
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year2001-06-22
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- EF-hand domain containing
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.
- Tree numbers
- PubMedan aberrant decrease in inhibitory protein factor (IPF) is associated with certain forms of seizure [IPF]Results indicate that phosphoinositide 3-kinase might accelerate hypoxic cell death by enhancing the calpain-dependent proteolysis of fodrin.alphaII-spectrin breakdown products detected in CSF after injury, particularly those mediated by calpain, may be useful diagnostic indicators of cerebral infarctionWe show that fodrin interacts with the t-soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor (SNARE) syntaxin 4, and this interaction is increased by insulin stimulation and decreased by prior latrunculin A treatment.Ecstacy/methamphetamine trigger concerted proteolytic attacks on Spna2 and tau proteins by calpain and caspase family of proteases.Distinct proteolytic products resulting from the degradation of the cytoskeletal protein alpha-II-spectrin by calpain and caspase 3 were readily detectable in cortical brain parenchyma and cerebrospinal fluid after TBI in immature rats.support a critical role for the alphaII-spectrin-SH3i isoform of spectrin in intracellular targeting of connexin 43 to gap junctionsResults indicate that the phosphorylation-dependent interaction between 14-3-3beta and alphaII spectrin acts as a switch between positive and negative regulation of neurite outgrowth stimulated by NCAM.
- Gene ontology - Biological process
- Gene ontology - Cellular component
- Gene ontology - Molecular function
- Entrez Gene
- Target of this antibody:Fodrin
- Alternative names of antibody target:SPTAN1, FLJ44613, SPTA2,
- Background information:Fodrin is a universally expressed membrane-associated cytoskeletal protein consisting of α- and β-subunits. The protein is important for maintaining normal membrane structure and supporting cell surface protein function. α-Fodrin is one of the important targets cleaved by caspases during apoptosis. The full length 240 kDa protein can be cleaved at several sites within its sequence by activated caspases generating N-terminal 150 kDa, C-terminal 120 kDa, and 35 kDa major products. Cleavage of α-Fodrin leads to membrane malfunction and cell shrinkage.
- Antibody host:Rabbit
- Clonality of antibody:Polyclonal
- Isotype:Rabbit IgG
- This antibody reacts with:Human
- Immunogene sequence:Synthetic peptide surrounding amino acid 162 of mouse alpha-Fodrin
- Concentration of antibody:0.5 mg/ml
- Form of antibody:Liquid
- Formulation of this antibody:100 µg (0.5 mg/ml) affinity purified rabbit anti-α-Fodrin polyclonal antibody in phosphate buffered saline (PBS), pH 7.2, containing 30% glycerol, 0.5% BSA, 0.01% thimerosal.
- Purification method:Affinity purified
- This antibody has been succesfully tested for use in following methods:Western blot, Immunohistochemistry
- Recommended usage:Western blot analysis (0.5-4 µg/ml) and in in Immunohistochemistry (10-20 µg/ml).
- Storage information:Shelf time: 12 months in temp.: -20 deg.C
- Shipping conditions:gel pack
- How to handle this antibody:The antibody solution should be gently mixed before use.
- DescriptionThe anti-alpha-Fodrin Antibody is a α- or alpha protein sometimes glycoprotein present in blood.This antibody needs to be stored at + 4°C in a fridge short term in a concentrated dilution. Freeze thaw will destroy a percentage in every cycle and should be avoided.
- PropertiesIf you buy Antibodies supplied by Biovision they should be stored frozen at - 24°C for long term storage and for short term at + 5°C.
- French translationanticorps
- Gene target
- Short nameanti-alpha-Fodrin Antibody
- TechniqueAntibody, anti
- Alternative nameantibody to-a-Fodrin (Antibody to)
- Alternative techniqueantibodies