Activin A Recombinant Protein
3x Activin A Recombinant Protein found in proscience
- Other name of the recombinantJV18, MADH2, MADR2, JV18-1, hMAD-2, hSMAD2, Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 2, MAD homolog 2
- SEQUENCEGLECDGKVNI CCKKQFFVSF KDIGWNDWII APSGYHANYC EGECPSHIAG TSGSSLSFHS TVINHYRMRG HSPFANLKSC CVPTKLRPMS MLYYDDGQNI IKKDIQNMIV EECGCS
- Rec. PROTEIN GI#51173730
- Accession nrNP_001003652.1
- AboutThis product is for research use only.
- Protein's originHuman
- NCBI ID4087
- Gene nameSMAD family member 2
- SourceHomo sapiens
- Gene symbolSMAD2
- TechniqueRecombinant, E. coli recombinant proteins are genetic recombinations in Escherichia coli, supplied as white sterile powder lyopillized. proscience advises they will be reconstituted in a buffer soluion or culture medium for cell culture.
- Alternative techniquerec
40-213 | Activin A Recombinant Protein0.002 mg, 0.01 mg 832.85 USD
40-212 | Activin A Recombinant Protein0.002 mg, 0.01 mg 832.85 USD
40-544 | Activin-A Recombinant Protein0.01 mg 436.26 USD
- Catalog number40-544
- Price436.26 USD
- Size0.01 mg
- About recombinant proteinActivin A is a TGF-β family member that exhibits a wide range of biological activities including regulation of cellular proliferation and differentiation, and promotion of neuronal survival. Elevated levels of Activin A in human colorectal tumors and in postmenopausal women have been implicated in colorectal and breast cancers, respectively. The biological activities of Activin A can be neutralized by inhibins and by the diffusible TGF-β antagonist, follistatin. Recombinant human Activin A is a 26.0 kDa disulfide-linked homodimer of two βA chains, each containing 116 amino acid residues.
- Recombinant inE. coli
- His tag on the recombinant proteinno His tag
- ActivityBiological activity was determined by its ability to inhibit the proliferation of mouse MPC-11 cells. The expected ED50 is ≤ 2.0 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 105 units/mg. Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- Keep atThe lyophilized Activin-A recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20˚C. Reconstituted Activin-A stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20˚C. As with any protein, exposing Activin-A recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- PureityGreater than 97% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- Additional sourceRecombinants or rec. proteins
- Gene target
- Short nameActivin-A Recombinant Protein
- Alternative nameActivin-A recombinant Protein
1. Gene info
- Long gene nameSMAD family member 2
- Synonyms gene
- Synonyms gene name
- MAD, mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 2 (Drosophila)
- SMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 (Drosophila)
- GenBank acession
- Discovery year1996-11-15
- Entrez gene record
- Pubmed identfication
- RefSeq identity
- SMAD family
- Havana BLAST/BLAT
- ConceptScope note:The initial culturing of cells derived directly from fresh TISSUES.
- Tree numbers
- Qualifiersclassification, economics, history, instrumentation, methods, standards, trends, utilization, veterinary, statistics & numerical data, ethics
Supplier:Bioss Primary Unconjugated Antibodies
Supplier:Bioss Polyclonal Antibodies