Glycerol-3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (EC 188.8.131.52) is an important enzyme for lipid metabolism. It catalyzes the reversible conversion between dihydroxyacetone phosphate and glycerol-3-phosphate. GPDH plays multiple functions inside cells; it links carbohydrate and lipid metabolism, and provides electrons through the Glycerol-3-Phosphate Shuttle. When progenitor adipocytes differentiate into mature adipocytes, GPDH activity increases significantly. Analysis of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase activity is crucial for the study of fatty acid metabolic pathways. In BioVision’s Glycerol-3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Activity Assay kit, Glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase forms an intermediate, which reduces a colorless probe to a colored product with strong absorbance at 450 nm. The assay is simple, sensitive and rapid and can detect Glycerol-3-Phosphate dehydrogenase activity less than 1 mU/well.
• Detection method: Absorbance (450 nm) • Applications: :Measurement of Glycerol:3:Phosphate Dehydrogenase activity in various tissues/cells :Analysis of fatty acid metabolism and cell signaling :Screening anti:obesity drugs
• Simple, sensitive, and rapid. • The assay can detect Glycerol-3-Phosphate dehydrogenase activity less than 1 mU/well.
Kit's other name
GPDH Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit
• GPDH Assy Buffer • GPDH Substrate (Lyophilized) • GPDH Probe (Lyophilized) • NADH Standard (Lyophilized) • GPDH Positive Control (Lyophilized)
• Animal tissues: Liver, brain, heart, kidney, etc. • Cell culture: Preadipocytes, adipocytes, etc.
Glycerol-3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit
Glycerol-3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Activity colorimetry test reagent
Long gene name piwi-interacting RNA cluster 12
Discovery year 2009-11-05
Entrez gene record 100313808
- Piwi-interacting RNA clusters